Welcome to the
Hasfield Village website
We are a small village in Gloucestershire, UK, situated on the west side of the River Severn, between Tirley and Ashleworth. We have a population of about 150 people. This is the official website of the Hasfield Parish Meeting.
A Parish Meeting, was held on Friday 12th January, 7:00 at Hasfield Court. Minutes here. Approved annual Precept.
Candlemass service, with visiting choir, St Mary's Hasfield, Sunday 11th Feb, 6:00pm. All welcome.
Tewkesbury Borough Council, along with Cheltenham and Gloucester, are consulting on a new version of the Joint Core Strategy, now called The Strategic and Local Plan. The consultation period ends on 12th March. Details here.
Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust and Hasfield Court Estate are working in partnership on the restoration of native habitats that help mitigate the impacts of the climate and ecological emergencies . More details and plans here.
Hasfield Parish Meeting
Hasfield is too small to have an elected parish council, so we have a meeting that is open to the whole village, with just an elected chair and treasurer, plus an appointed clerk. Usually, the two meetings per year are held at Hasfield Court. Our minutes book dates from 1894.
Road and River updates
EA website showing the live water level at Haw Bridge here. Five-day flood risk forecast can be found here as well as advice on flooding. More detail on the Haw Bridge gauge heights and con-sequential flood effects, click here.
Tewkesbury Borough and County News
There are a number of newsletters that are relevant to our village:
- Parish Matters (TBC) here.
- Councils Connected (GCC) newsletter here.
- Glos. Highways news here.
- Tewkesbury Borough Facebook page here.
- Gloucestershire Rural Communities Council (GRCC) news here.
Features and History
- St Mary's is a Festival Church, with just six services a year. It has an interesting history and wonderful views across the vale. Sunday services are updated here.
- Notable listed buildings are Hasfield Court, The Old Rectory, and The Great House.
- Ashleworth Ham is an SSI and bird reserve maintained by the Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust.
- Local footpath map here.
- Bin day is Tuesday (or Wednesday after a bank holiday) Collections alternate between green refuse bins and blue recycling bins. Calendar here.
- Local policing team and crime stats here.
- Newspaper delivery from NewsTeam, 01782 959530.
- Native Butcher farm shop here.
- Ashleworth Hub here.